Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering, you accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them and by the Promoter’s implementation of them in relation to this competition. Those who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will not be eligible to participate in the competition or to win prizes.
- Promoter’s details: Digital Spring Ltd. (the “Promoter”), registered in England and Wales with company number 06686910 and whose correspondence address is at Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, London WC2N 4JF, the United Kingdom, is responsible for the operation of this competition. Promoter operates this competition as the digital agency of the following partners: Bahrain Tourism & Exhibitions Authority (the “Partners”). Promoter is the legal promoter of the competition, but administers the competition with the collaboration of the Partners.
- The competition: The title of this competition is “Bahrain UK Facebook & Instagram Prize Promotion”. The competition begins on 29th October 2018 at 16:45 British Summer Time and ends on 14th December 2018 at 13:00 British Summer Time (the “competition period”). Entries must be received within the competition period to be accepted.
- Eligibility: This competition is open to all residents in the United Kingdom who are aged eighteen (18) years of age or older. Access to the internet and a valid Facebook user account is necessary to enter the competition. The competition is not open to the staff, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates or subsidiaries of the Promoter, the Partners or of Facebook or any other person involved in the organisation or management of the competition or its administration. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Computer-generated or automated entries are not permitted. Incomplete and/or corrupted entries will not be accepted.
How to enter:
No purchase is needed to enter this competition. To enter, you can:
- ‘Like’ / ‘Follow’ the page; and
- Comment upon the clearly identified competition post with an answer to the question: “What kind of traveller are you?”; and
- Tag a friend that you would travel with
Entries which do not follow these instructions will not be accepted. After the end of the competition period and as soon as reasonably practicable, the one (1) winner of the competition will be selected by or on behalf of the Promoter from eligible entries using an automated computer process producing verifiably random results.
The competition winner will be awarded the following prizes:
- Two (2) return economy class tickets (London to Bahrain) with Gulf Air: (Blackout dates: 10-24 DEC 2018 super peak; 15-18 FEB 2019 school half term; 19-22 APR 2019 Easter. Voucher valid for 6 months.)
- Two (2) complimentary nights with breakfast for 2 persons at the Swiss Bel-hotel (valid until 31st May 2019. Except blackout dates such as: EID Holidays, Festive Seasons, Jewelry Arabia, Formula 1.)
- Two (2) night deluxe room stay with lunch for two at la plage at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain. (With resort access to the Royal Beach Club facilities, including private lagoon, pools and sports facilities and lunch for two at the Mediterranean-inspired La Plage restaurant. Terms apply*. Based on availability at the time of booking. Advanced reservations required.)
- One (1) spa treatment at The Ritz-Carlton Spa
- Two (2) F&B vouchers to Primavera and Cantina Kahlo
- One (1) of the following tour experiences. (The tour offered will be based on the type of traveller the winner is, as per the winner’s comment on the competition social post). Either:
1 – ‘Food Fanatic’ – Cooking class – Cooking Class Voucher for 2 pax. Cooking class will be performed at authentic Bahraini restaurant called Raazji, part of UNESCO world heritage site in the making called “Pearling pathway”.
2 – ‘Beach Lover’ – Water sports activity/lesson – A voucher entitles the return transfer and entrance charges (only) to the Al Dar Island for 2 pax. All other expenses at the Island to be borne by the guests.
3 – ‘Culture Craver’ – Half day tour to cultural sites, e.g. fort, museum, mosque – One half day bahrain City tour voucher on private basis.. (Inclusion: car with english speaking driver/ Number of pax –2)
The validity of the tour experience voucher will be 6 months starting from 1st November 2018.
*Prize is for two nights in a Deluxe-category at The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain, for the winner and a guest, lunch for two with special welcome beverage at the resort’s La Plage restaurant (exclusive of alcohol), and access to the Royal Beach Club facilities including private lagoon beach and island. The prize is valid for travel between December 1, 2018 and May, 31, 2019, subject to availability and excludes December 10, 2018 -January 20, 2019. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there are no cash alternatives. Winner and guest are responsible for ensuring that they have current passports with at least six months’ validity prior to travel, valid travel documents (eg, visa), adequate travel insurance (at own expense) and relevant vaccinations. Advance reservations are required.
Additional Prize Terms & Conditions:
- The guests have to produce the original vouchers issued. No duplication/photocopies will be accepted.
- These vouchers are not valid during Eid, Airshow, and weekends.
- The guests should notify us regarding their arrival/availability at at least 3 weeks prior so that necessary arrangements can be made.
- The itineraries are subject to changes according to the availability or any other circumstances.
- Boat trip to Al dar Island is subject to weather conditions and coast guard regulations in Bahrain.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary above, the following are not included in the prize and/or are the responsibility of the prize winner to obtain:
- Travel insurance;
- Visa / travel documentation and/or passport;
- Transfers and transportation;
- Drinks and meals; and
- Subsistence or expenses.
Travel/accommodation/use of tour vouchers is restricted to the date parameters above or as notified to competition winners. Prizing is limited to those prizes expressly set out above as being included.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Third party terms and conditions may apply in connection with the prize, including without limitation (where applicable) terms of airlines, tour operators or travel agents. Cash or credit alternatives are not available. Prizes are subject to availability. Promoter takes reasonable care to ensure that the prizes are as described herein; however, in exceptional circumstances it may be necessary for the Promoter to provide a replacement prize and in such instance the Promoter shall provide a prize of a similar nature or equivalent value.
Rejection and disqualification:
- The Promoter reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to reject entries and disqualify entrants, including without limitation where the Promoter has cause to believe that: (i) there has been a breach of these terms and conditions; or (ii) an entrant has in any way interfered with the fair running of this competition, including without limitation by manipulating entries or the results, or has provided false information or has acted unethically in any other way.
- The competition winner will be notified by Facebook or Instagram direct message within thirty (30) days of the end of the competition period with instructions on how to claim their prize. The Promoter may require that the competition winner provide information including, without limitation, their full name, telephone number, email address, age and home address to Promoter to confirm their valid entry into the competition and/or for the competition winner to accept their prize. The competition winner is required to confirm their acceptance of the prize within seven (7) days of the notification being sent by or on behalf of Promoter. In the event that a competition winner cannot be contacted or is unable to accept their prize within the required seven (7) days, the Promoter reserves the right to choose an alternative winner from eligible entries received and in such case the original competition winner shall no longer be entitled to any prize.
Competition winner details and publicity:
- Details of each competition winner’s name and country of residence will be obtainable after the end of the competition period by writing (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) to the Promoter at: Bahrain UK Facebook & Instagram Prize Promotion, Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, London WC2N 4JF, the United Kingdom. The Promoter may also, in its sole discretion, publish the name of the competition winner on the page and/or on its or the Partners’ websites and social media. The competition winner may be required to participate in post-competition publicity, including social media posts.
Limitation of liability:
- Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter and the Partners, and their agents and distributors, will not in any event be responsible or liable to compensate any competition winner or to accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the competition winner taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, the Partners, their agents, distributors and/or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Ownership of entries:
- All competition entries and any accompanying materials submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned to you. By submitting your entry to the competition and any accompanying materials, you agree to: (a) assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and (b) waive all moral rights, in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future become entitled to under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
Use of data:
- To take part in this competition, entrants are required to provide certain information about themselves during the course of their entry (including, without limitation, their social media username whilst posting to enter). In accordance with clause 7 above, the Promoter may require further information from competition winner(s) to confirm their valid entry into the competition and/or to arrange for prize redemptions. The Promoter will only process your personal data: (a) for the purposes of administering the competition and on the legal basis of performance of the contract forming these Terms and Conditions.
Receipt of entries:
- The Promoter and Partners cannot be held responsible for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries.
Use of social media:
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend or cancel the competition where it becomes necessary to do so. Subject to applicable law, the Promoter also reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances without notice to entrants and by publishing updated terms and conditions on the page. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decisions in regards to the administration of the competition are final and no correspondence will be entered in to concerning disputes over winner selection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the Promoter and the entrant hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.